Author Topic: Focus cannot be displayed in the window after returning to the parent directory  (Read 3421 times)

leftryght

• View Profile
Hi, I use DeepL to translate to English and there may be translation errors.

When using Multi Commander, there are some cases where the focus cannot be displayed in the window after returning to the parent directory. Similar problem to the following post in the support forum:
"Scroll selected files into view"
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,3582.0.html

I found two scenarios that can reproduce the problem:
1, in detail view, if there are only subdirectories but no files at the same level, select the last subdirectory, enter it and return to the parent directory (either by pressing backspace or by mouse operation), the window display will jump to the top of the directory list. The focus selection is correct but the window does not follow the display.
2, in list view, if the filename column exceeds the window length (some of my folders or filenames can be very long), select a directory at random (except the first directory in each column, which strangely doesn't have this problem for the first directory in each column), enter it and go back to the parent directory, and the window doesn't follow the focus selection, it shows the next page.

I've recorded a gif showing the normal focus following in detail view, the focus following bug in detail view, the normal focus following in list view, the normal focus following in the first directory of each column after adjusting the filename column over the length of the window, and the focus following bug in the other 2 directories.

Software version and environment: Multi Commander x64 v13.1 build 2955,Win 10
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 07:55:40 by leftryght »