Author Topic: Start folders  (Read 4163 times)

mike3000

• View Profile
Start folders
« on: October 19, 2023, 20:42:57 »
I would like commander to always start in the same directories (left and right panels), but I can't find where to save settings. Now it remembers the last used tabs, which I don't like. I found under Configuration > Core settings > Start ... an option "autoload the tab session marked as: Load at startup". How do I mark tabs?

Thank you

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Start folders
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 21:01:24 »
You can manage sessions via File > Tab sessions

Open desired tabs, then save this session. In menu File > Tab sessions choose Manage... you can now select this session and mark it as startup

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 21:45:18 »
You can also start MC via a shortcut and edit that shortcut an add /L=<path> /R=<path> parameters to it

http://multicommander.com/Docs/commandlineparameters

mike3000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 08:13:28 »

Open desired tabs, then save this session. In menu File > Tab sessions choose Manage... you can now select this session and mark it as startup

Thank you. This is sooo hidden, I can't believe, and not intuitive. I've been using all kind of file explorers, but this one is by far most complicated to figure out.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 10:45:24 »

Thank you. This is sooo hidden, I can't believe, and not intuitive. I've been using all kind of file explorers, but this one is by far most complicated to figure out.
it is not hidden since session tab are actually intended for other things.. But can be used as that too. but since you have X tabs .. it is not very easy to have a settings letting you setup exactly what you want at start for each tab.
Most often if you want something at start always you send it as parameters to the program.. and you can also do that..