Multi Commander > Beta Releases
MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
Jungle:
Ok. On one PC it works. So far I've only taken a look at file tags. Inconvenient.
1. One can quickly set some file tag but can't remove it. Using a context menu is a waste of time. I think at least standard tags should be togglable via toolbar.
2. I've tried to bind a hotkey to the Tags dialog (not the File Tag management dialog, but the "Tags" dialog invokable via context menu), but didn't found it. I've found 3 tags actions: Manage tags (invokes File Tag manager dialog), Tags (toggles toolbar; absolutely unclear name and description) and Assign File Tag (don't understand how it works).
I have no idea whether it is possible to use multiscript or internal commands to toggle tags, but it should be.
Please, update menu item names and descriptions. A lot of duplicates and unclear meanings (see pics)
Mathias (Author):
Tags/Labels using the toolbar you can Click - Tag selected files, Shift+Click - UnTag selected ,, Ctrl+Click Toggle tag on selected.
With Right click on the tag in the toolbar. you can also select to filter on the tag
They are also in the popup, but under MultiCommader > Tag >
That is not a good place. To many step. But not sure where to place that yet. They cant be in the normal shell menu. Maybe only show a tag popup if ctrl is hold while showing context menu, or something.. not sure yet. right now toolbar is the way to use them.
Yes button editor and command editor where you select internal commands will need to change to support the new "category" name for the commands, Like that the new Keyboard customization dialog have. It will then be possible to filter and view them better. But first Keyboard stuff need to be more finalized.
MultiScript commands for tags are coming. Not added yet.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: Jungle on August 25, 2026, 15:43:36 ---I have no idea whether it is possible to use multiscript or internal commands to toggle tags, but it should be.
--- End quote ---
Actually There are MultiScript methods for it. I forgot that.
--- Code: ---array GetTag( file )
string GetTagEx( file );
num TagAdd( file , tags )
num TagRemove( file , tags )
num TagClear( file )
num TagVerify ( )
num TagValid( tag )
CommentGet( file )
CommentSet( file , comment )
CommentAdd( file , comment ) // append
CommentRemove( file , comment)
CommentClear( file )
--- End code ---
total_annihilation00:
V17 Bug Report
(1) Right-clicking the File Column Header does not open the "Customize Columns" context menu, nor do other options in this menu trigger; only the default right-click menu appears. Possibly not implemented yet?
(2) The "Dark Color Theme" option has no effect; aliases, UDC, settings, and toolbar remain in light mode. I selected "Explorer Look & Feel" — this was working as expected in V16.2.
(3) Created a filter rule to highlight folders with a red background (similar to V16.2). Initially, rule did not display correctly. After verifying, color filters are functioning properly—my earlier issue was due to an incorrect path entry ("C:\Users\dell\Downloads\Logs"). Correct path works as intended.
(4) The "Keyboard Shortcut Customization" dialog is too large (height-wise) for my 1366x768 display, likely hiding the "Save" button. If no "Save" button exists, this is acceptable. Additionally, I couldn't assign "Alt+Up Arrow" to the "Parent Folder (Go Up)" shortcut, which is expected since the current shortcut is "Back."
Tested on Win 10.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 04:59:24 ---I found some bugs in V17:
(1) Cannot right click the File Column Header to select "Customize Columns" (plus rest of the custom options for this right-click menu don't trigger (just opens standard Right-click menu)). Maybe this isn't implemented yet ?
(2) Selecting "Dark Color Theme" doesn't work (so no dark skinned Aliases/ UDC/ Settings or Toolbar) for me (I selected Explorer Look & Feel maybe that's why) —works on my V16.2 though.
(3) I tried making a Filter Rule to highlight a Folder in Red background color, the same as I do in V16.2, but it didn't display it, the Color Filter Rule (made both a Filter Rule and Color Rules Editor entry.) "Full Filename 'Is' Logs (File Matching), Standard-Path 'Is' C:\Users\dell\Downloads\Logs (Plugin Extended Properties)" Oops Color Filters is indeed working, sorry —made a mistake in entering the correct path !
(4) The "Keyboard Shortcut Customization" dialog box is a little too big for my screen (the height (1366x768)), I suspect it's not showing the "Save" button, but if there is no such button, then this is Okay. I was unable to change the shortcut of "Parent Folder (Go Up)" from "Back" to "Alt+Up Arrowkey".
Tested on Win 10.
--- End quote ---
1. ? What issue do you get,, I find no issue with right click on column header and select customize columns .. "just opens standard Right-click menu" You mean the shell context menu ?
2. I run it in dark mode all the time.. even more dialog support darkmode then before. how do you switch. what is happening ? any error in app log ?
4. Yes dialog is large. Hmm need to present lots of information in that dialog. I see if I can squeeze it a bit..
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version