Multi Commander > Beta Releases
MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 04:59:24 ---(4) The "Keyboard Shortcut Customization" dialog box is a little too big for my screen (the height (1366x768)), I suspect it's not showing the "Save" button, but if there is no such button, then this is Okay. I was unable to change the shortcut of "Parent Folder (Go Up)" from "Back" to "Alt+Up Arrowkey".
--- End quote ---
I was able to bind "Parent folder (Go Up)" to Alt+Up, but maybe you failed because you was not able to press "save" button
It the problem with the dialog the height ? or is it also the width ?
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 07:53:11 ---1. ? What issue do you get,, I find no issue with right click on column header and select customize columns .. "just opens standard Right-click menu" You mean the shell context menu ?
2. I run it in dark mode all the time.. even more dialog support darkmode then before. how do you switch. what is happening ? any error in app log ?
4. Yes dialog is large. Hmm need to present lots of information in that dialog. I see if I can squeeze it a bit..
--- End quote ---
Issue #2:
Resolved by selecting "Commander Dark Mode" in the "Quick Look & Feel" dialog. The theme now applies correctly. Reminder: ensure to select "Commander Dark Mode" as the color theme on first-time startup to avoid issues. :D
Issue #1:
The right-click context menu for the File Column Header does not appear (see attached screenshots). This appears to be the only bug; other issues are cosmetic. Additionally, in v17, the "Customize Columns" menu and other special menu items fail to launch. This needs to be addressed.
Issue #4:
The dialog height fits the full screen, but a slightly reduced height might enable clicking the "Save" button more reliably. When clicking the Close (X) button, it prompts to save changes; selecting "Yes" appears to work. However, the "Up Arrow" shortcut is not assigned to the "Parent Folder" action, which is inconsistent. I believe adjusting the dialog height could resolve this. Width is acceptable.
Jungle:
@Mathias,
Concerning keyboard customization dialog. It can be reduced.
1. For example, "Assigned shortcuts" list is simply duplicates main list info but it consumes a lot of space with only 3 columns. The primary "*" symbol can be printed in the main list.
2. As far as I can see, "Origin" only has two possible values - "Custom" and "Default". So this column can be removed, and default hotkey can instead be printed bold in the main list. It is also actual because of an issue: if you add a secondary shortcut to the default one, the Origin becomes "Custom" for both.
3. "Conflicts" memo only shows conflicts when I try to assign a conflicting shortcut. But if I actually do it, then they will not be shown if I later select this shortcut in the main list. So the conflicts can be shown as a warning icon in the main list, and the full list of conflicts -- in the separate dialog.
4. Changing a shortcut can be moved to a separate dialog.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 12:53:47 ---Issue #2, I resolved it by selecting "Commander Dark Mode" in "Quick Look & Feel" dialog, so that's fine now (gotta remember to select "Commander Dark Mode" as Color theme on first-time startup). :D
--- End quote ---
So what did you do before that did not work ?
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 12:53:47 ---Issue #1, Yeah it does not popup the File Column Header right click menu (see screenshots, possibly the only bug, the rest are cosmetic glitches, so just need to fix this, I got V17 today & it refuses to launch the "Customize Columns" or rest of its special menu items): :(
--- End quote ---
Hmm Strange.. for me it works. Hmm are you running Windows Explorer style mouse/keyboard setup ? Then context menu is then on normal right click. Might be that they collide in the new UI List view
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 12:53:47 ---Issue #4, The height seems to fit the full screen, maybe a little shorter height might let me click the "Save" button. When I click the Close X button it says do you want to save, I selected "Yes", but the "Up Arrowkey" isn't designated the "Parent folder" Shortcut, so that's odd. But I think it should be resolved if it's narrower in height. Width is fine by the way.
--- End quote ---
will check so that is really save after close on X button.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: Jungle on September 09, 2026, 12:54:36 ---@Mathias,
Concerning keyboard customization dialog. It can be reduced.
1. For example, "Assigned shortcuts" list is simply duplicates main list info but it consumes a lot of space with only 3 columns. The primary "*" symbol can be printed in the main list.
2. As far as I can see, "Origin" only has two possible values - "Custom" and "Default". So this column can be removed, and default hotkey can instead be printed bold in the main list. It is also actual because of an issue: if you add a secondary shortcut to the default one, the Origin becomes "Custom" for both.
3. "Conflicts" memo only shows conflicts when I try to assign a conflicting shortcut. But if I actually do it, then they will not be shown if I later select this shortcut in the main list. So the conflicts can be shown as a warning icon in the main list, and the full list of conflicts -- in the separate dialog.
4. Changing a shortcut can be moved to a separate dialog.
--- End quote ---
1. Well you can define multiple keys to same command. And from this list you can remove one of them, The the list does not need to be full width.. then some of the buttons can be moved after it instead
2.Yes the columns will be tweaked.. right now all of them are show most for debug reasons.
3. I will check how conflicts can be improved
4. Yes,, But I would like to see if I can have everything in one dialog. that is a backup plan
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version