Multi Commander > Beta Releases
MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 13:16:08 ---So what did you do before that did not work ?
--- End quote ---
I initially selected the default "Windows Explorer" style, but the issue has been resolved; it was an oversight on my part.
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 13:16:08 ---Hmm Strange.. for me it works. Hmm are you running Windows Explorer style mouse/keyboard setup ? Then context menu is then on normal right click. Might be that they collide in the new UI List view
--- End quote ---
Regarding the context menu behavior, I will investigate the "Commander Mouse/Keyboard" setting, as it seems the right-click menu may not be displaying correctly in that configuration.
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 13:16:08 ---will check so that is really save after close on X button.
--- End quote ---
That would be appreciated, thank you.
P.S. You're correct—selecting "Commander Style" for "Mouse" in the "Quick Look & Feel" options displays the "File Column Header" right-click menu. It might be beneficial to address this as a bug so that the "File Column Header" remains right-clickable even in "Windows Explorer" style.
P.P.S. The overall functionality is now stable; I just need to resize the height of the "Keyboard Customization" dialog. Also, I’m pleased to report the "File Column Header" no longer shrinks randomly as it did in v16.2—further testing will confirm. Thanks, Mathias! Additionally, clicking "Close" on the "Keyboard Customization" dialog and selecting "Yes" has no effect; this should be addressed.
One more issue: Ctrl + Page Up/Page Down are not recognized as valid hotkeys for actions like "Previous Tab" / "Next Tab."
P.P.PS. The File Coloring Rules Editor appears quite buggy in v17. I encountered issues creating and selecting new rules—sometimes clicking on a color in the Color Picker shows only white, and dragging the slider eventually updates the color. This may be related to switching from "Windows Explorer Style Colors" to "Commander Style Colors," though I haven't confirmed this.
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 09, 2026, 14:01:37 ---P.P.S: Everything is working splendid now, just gotta resize the height of the "Keyboard Customization" dialog. Also I'am happy to report I don't see the "File Column Header" shrinking randomly as it was before in V16.2 but I'll test further. Thanks Mathias ! 8) & yeah clicking close on the "Keyboard Customization" dialog & selecting "Yes" has no effect (should fix this.) One more thing: Ctrl + PageUp\ PageDown aren't recognizable as valid hotkeys (for instance, Previous Tab\ Next Tab) !
P.P.PS: The File Coloring Rules Editor is very buggy in V17, I tried making new Rules & they would not select (after a lot of hassle I was able to select the new Rule & move it to the top), & sometimes clicking on a Color in the Color Picker dialog has no effect (only shows white, then when dragging the slider it finally works.) This might be because I changed from "Windows Explorer Style Colors" to "Commander Style Colors" (I'am not certain.)
--- End quote ---
You cant assign PageUP/Down or they do not work after you assigned ?
File color editing has not been change at all. I don't really understand the issues.. only shows white ? what is shown white..
total_annihilation00:
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 19:19:51 ---You cant assign PageUP/Down or they do not work after you assigned ?
--- End quote ---
When I assign keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Page Up/Page Down, the entries appear invisible in the list view (see attached screenshot).
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2026, 19:19:51 ---File color editing has not been change at all. I don't really understand the issues.. only shows white ? what is shown white..
--- End quote ---
I'll verify this behavior on a clean install and update accordingly, but I suspect it’s related to a misconfigured "Quick Look & Feel" setting. Even on a fresh copy of MC, the issue persists (see screenshot).
Regarding your earlier question about the background color selection in a Color Rule: the color picker only displays white, which might be due to the inability to create or select a new Color Rule at that time.
Additionally, I discovered a workaround for editing new Color Rules: creating two new rules allows one to become editable and selectable. You can rename and keep that rule, then delete the second one.
P.S. In V17, creating a new Column Layout and adding paths like "C:\ D:\" with "Valid For All Future Paths" causes the sorting column to reset on startup. For example, a previous setting of "Date Ascending" resets to unsorted each launch. The only workaround, similar to V16.2, is to use only the "[Default]" Column Layout with that configuration, though this prevents assigning custom paths with "Valid For All Future Paths."
total_annihilation00:
To summarize, these are the 4 issues that remain (the rest I found a way to resolve):
(1) Color Rules Editor is broken, when adding a new rule, it is actually the parent Color Rule with its text populated in the Edit Name box, so a new Color Rule isn't interactable or generated (and cannot be edited or selectable.) (Only trick is to create 2 Rules consecutively (a duplicate copy of a new rule), then one of them will be functional.)
(2) When creating a new Column Layout, the 'File Header Column' gets reset and unsorted on next launch — doesn't remember which column to sort by, if I only use "[Default]" Column Layout then it works, but I can't make use of custom paths with "Valid for all future paths."
(3) Cannot create a Shortcut to Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown in the new "Keyboard Customization" dialog, the added entry shows "Ctrl + " that is, the PageDown/ PageUp text is invisible & not shown/ omitted in the list.
(4) Keyboard Customization dialog should be shorter in height so it fits on 1366x768 resolution laptop screens. (Minor glitch)
(5) Optional: Make the File Column Header right-clickable menu launch when "Mouse" (in the "Quick Look And Feel" settings) is specified as "Windows Explorer" as well, and not just "Commander Style" "Mouse" behavior (I can confirm it doesn't work on "Windows Explorer" "Mouse", only works on "Commander Style" "Mouse").
Mathias (Author):
--- Quote from: total_annihilation00 on September 11, 2026, 07:17:06 ---To summarize, these are the 4 issues that remain (the rest I found a way to resolve):
(1) Color Rules Editor is broken, when adding a new rule, it is actually the parent Color Rule with its text populated in the Edit Name box, so a new Color Rule isn't interactable or generated (and cannot be edited or selectable.) (Only trick is to create 2 Rules consecutively (a duplicate copy of a new rule), then one of them will be functional.)
(2) When creating a new Column Layout, the 'File Header Column' gets reset and unsorted on next launch — doesn't remember which column to sort by, if I only use "[Default]" Column Layout then it works, but I can't make use of custom paths with "Valid for all future paths."
(3) Cannot create a Shortcut to Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown in the new "Keyboard Customization" dialog, the added entry shows "Ctrl + " that is, the PageDown/ PageUp text is invisible & not shown/ omitted in the list.
(4) Keyboard Customization dialog should be shorter in height so it fits on 1366x768 resolution laptop screens. (Minor glitch)
(5) Optional: Make the File Column Header right-clickable menu launch when "Mouse" (in the "Quick Look And Feel" settings) is specified as "Windows Explorer" as well, and not just "Commander Style" "Mouse" behavior (I can confirm it doesn't work on "Windows Explorer" "Mouse", only works on "Commander Style" "Mouse").
--- End quote ---
1. Is this not same as with V16 ? Then it is an error for that release.
2. Is this not same as with V16 ? Then it is an error for that release. (But not sure I understand this error)
3. Works for me. So not sure why you can't assign it
4. Dialog layout already fixed
5. default Right click handling for list items should not be used over header area. . Already fixed.
Navigation
[0] Message Index
[#] Next page
[*] Previous page
Go to full version