Author Topic: Bug in image viewer  (Read 19 times)

nietrupek

  • Junior Member
  • **
  • Posts: 22
    • View Profile
Bug in image viewer
« on: Yesterday at 15:08:56 »
Attached I send an example of JPEG image which is not shown in viewer (F3), but EXIF info is read (at least partially).
Gimp shows more image info and displays this image properly.
Newest MC version: 16.6, build 3221.

Mathias (Author)

  • Administrator
  • VIP Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5056
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Bug in image viewer
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 18:07:32 »
MC do not decode jpg it self.. MC is using WIC  (Windows Imaging Component) So I don't know if there is anything I can do about it.

According to an AI analyze of the image
"The problem is its EXIF block (APP1, 2005 bytes). It contains a small thumbnail, and the thumbnail's Compression tag (0x0103) is written with type LONG instead of SHORT, which the EXIF spec requires."