Author Topic: windows explorer selection rectangle  (Read 8593 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
windows explorer selection rectangle
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:12 »
i'm not used with norton commander's selection rectangle..i prefer what WE has..where do i need to go and what do i need to do to set it?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: windows explorer selection rectangle
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 10:29:44 »
You want to turn use it ? or turn it off ? anyway you do that in the same place.

Menu > Configuration > Explorer Panel > Display (tab) > Selection and Checking if items (Category)
 [.] Selection rectangle

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 10:51:45 »
oh sorry i think i misstated it...what i meant is the rectangle that moves when you move the up, down keys..its default color is blue..what i'm looking for is like what windows explorer has..a little bit transparent..and without the dotted rectangle surrounding it..

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:24 »
Dotted rectangle can be turnet off by checking Don't show focus indicator in the Explorer Panel Settings > Display
Colors can be configured in Explorer Panel Settings > Colors. Use file specified background color and Use folder specified background color options may be required to turn on.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:05:11 »
The option "Don't show the focus indicator" if checked it will turn of the focus frame.
and then you need to customize the colors and background for "Focus" item. under the Color tab in Explorer Panel Settings.
But I do not think you can have it look exactly as Windows Explorer. You will not get the gradient color scale of the background that you get in Explorer on Win7