Author Topic: copy or move  (Read 9865 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
copy or move
« on: November 23, 2012, 03:22:21 »
when i drag a file or folder to another directory in the same drive (e.g source and target are on the Drive D), the operation performed is 'Move'.Is there a way so that when i do the same thing I will be given a choice whether to move or to copy?Actually, I think I've seen this once..I just can't make it happen again..maybe i changed some of the settings.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: copy or move
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:59:12 »
Yes, just like Windows Explorer you will get MOVE as drop action when dragging files on the same drive. You can toggle this with by holding down SHIFT.  You can also right button drag files, then you will get a popup asking if it should copy/move.  (You might have to enable that under mouse configuration for Explorer Panel Settings )

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 08:03:23 »
thanks!it works!but maybe better if you'll add an option to automatically intercept drag and drop operations and choose move or copy..just a suggestion though..the right click works fine here!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 08:45:20 »
That is what the right button settings do.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 08:55:17 »
ok got it..i thought it will work only with transfers from within the same drive..is there a way to make this work with left button?i tend to be absent minded at times so instead of using right button i may use the left one...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 09:26:05 »
Not if you want the popup.. it is only on right button..  (just like windows explorer)