Author Topic: Update to v2.7.2  (Read 6856 times)

Sajjan

• View Profile
Update to v2.7.2
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:26:22 »
I had MC v2.7.1 Portable. Recently when i started MC, I found alert on MC screen that a newer version is available and I could upgrade to this by clicking. I clicked MC to be upgraded.
After that my MC is giving many sorts of troubles when I use it on different computers. The most common error I receive is this repeated reminder to update to newer version.
I did a bit of homework on this and found that after updating, my Documents and Settings folder had a directory named Multi Commander, which did not appear previously. I have no clue how did this directory suddenly appear because it was never created before.
I have strong feeling that while updating from v2.7.1 to v2.7.2 they installed regular version instead of Portable.
Therefore, I uninstalled MC totally and manually downloaded MC Portable v2.7.2 and reinstalled it.
It works perfect now but I have lost hundreds of my personal tweaks on MC.
Sir, if this is a flaw or mistake in updating, please take care in future to upgrade regular MC to regular and Portable to Portable. If it is other that flaw, perhaps you can explain on this problem so that I can take precautions in future, when upgrading.
Thank you

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Update to v2.7.2
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 15:41:25 »
Not been able to reproduce that issue.

Sounds like the update might have been failed to update. and some files got updated and some not.

Configuration can be saved. for portable version it is save in config/ folder of the folder it starts from.

For installed version it is saved in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MultiCommander\Config\"

You can type ":goconfig" from inside MC to go that the config folder that MC load the config from. And then just backup it.
There is also a backup and restore option in the help menu that exports/import configuration.