Author Topic: Compare Folders (Synchronize)  (Read 21379 times)

jackuars

• View Profile
Compare Folders (Synchronize)
« on: May 23, 2013, 02:20:13 »
How do I compare the contents of two folders?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Compare Folders (Synchronize)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:22:18 »
It depends on what you mean with synchronization. (It means different thing for many users )
However, MC only support selecting what files/folders are different in source and target view and some other ways. like what files are missing or duplicate and some other.

Full synchronization with subfolder and file content checking is not supported.

jackuars

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:04:59 »
I was referring to the synchronize function that's available in another freeware manager Master Commander which I was using earlier. And also how do I compare contents in Multi Commander?

rwelty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 19:57:08 »
It depends on what you mean with synchronization. (It means different thing for many users )
However, MC only support selecting what files/folders are different in source and target view and some other ways. like what files are missing or duplicate and some other. Full synchronization with subfolder and file content checking is not supported.

You only say what MC can do, you don't say HOW to do it.   Your opening hint #26 does the same thing.

HOW do you compare files ???  Where is the menu or button or whatever that displays the comparison?

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 20:23:28 »
rwelty,
tip #26 exactly shows HOW you can do it - by choosing menu items "Compare folders, Select missing" etc.

It's all about selection. So you can select files/folders on one or both panels depending on some criteria. Comparing contents or including subfolders is not possible - if i'm not mistaken.

rwelty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 21:23:35 »
rwelty,
tip #26 exactly shows HOW you can do it - by choosing menu items "Compare folders, Select missing" etc.
It's all about selection. So you can select files/folders on one or both panels depending on some criteria. Comparing contents or including subfolders is not possible - if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks, I could figure it out from these comments ---   1) put the folders to be compared in the 2 windows.    2) from the EDIT menu, chose one of the "compare folders" options and specify what should be highlighted.