Author Topic: Adding buttons to multibuttons.xml  (Read 8264 times)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Adding buttons to multibuttons.xml
« on: July 31, 2013, 19:23:42 »
I wanted to define some new buttons for my scripting trials.

I altered th 1st line -
Code: [Select]
<buttonpanel id="1" rows="5" cols="8">
I added the blue code, leaving some original code from 4/8 in place as a place holder

<button row="4" col="8" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
    <command options="0">Core.1070</command>
  </button>
   <button row="5" col="1" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="2" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="3" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="4" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="5" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="6" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="7" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button>
 <button row="5" col="8" modifier="none" acceptfiledrop="0" label="#{b,50}" cmdtype="1">
    <desc>#{b,50}</desc>
  </button> 

</buttonpanel>

Can't get it to work tho, I still have my original 4 rows - I did restart MC, maybe my install is flaky, or I'm going mad....  :P

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Adding buttons to multibuttons.xml
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 19:55:41 »
You can change rows count in the Core Settings.
Don't forget that each button can have "alternative states" (using Shift/Ctrl/Shift+Ctrl or RMB/MMB) if allowed in Settings.

So you can create custom command, debug it and then assign it to one of the button states

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 21:29:38 »
Or you edited the wrong file. If you have a normal installation do not edit the file in the config/ folder of the installation folder because that is just the template file that will be use for every user that start MC on that computer.
The personal config file are stored at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MultiCommander\Config\

But it is much easier to just change the settings in core settings. and use the button editor to change the buttons.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 23:21:17 »
Thanks guys,  I hadn't realized that the core settings thing had been implemented since I asked about the xml some time ago.

I did try the C:\users\.... xml but it didn't work.  (I could see that that xml was recently edited as it had my existing custom buttons resident.)
I can only assume that my xml was over-ridden by the core settings - once I allowed 5 rows there, the buttons I defined all appeared.

Slowly getting there!  :)